OSPTA remains open to serve your physical therapy needs during this time of global crisis. In an effort to maintain the health and safety of both our patients and staff, we have made a number of changes to our processes and daily operations:
- All DPTs are currently working on a Monday-Thursday schedule. Our physical therapy clinic is open on Monday/Wednesday during 8:00 am-7:00 pm. Tuesday & Thursday clinic hours are 7:00 am to 5 pm. This may be subject to change.
- We have ramped up our cleaning & health protocols:
- To limit exposure, the waiting room is for patients only. For those requiring transport to appointments, we ask that your guest waits in their vehicle. Patients can anticipate expedited check-in to their treatment rooms to also limit time in the lobby.
- Private treatment rooms are sanitized before and after each patient, ensuring minimal risk of cross-contamination
- Patients will have their temperature checked upon arrival and will be directed to wash their hands before and after their treatment
- We are limiting the number of patients in the main gym, to reduce risk of cross-contact or exposure.
- Staff has been provided the use of N95 or fabric face masks and gloves to use when in close contact with patients.
- We ask that all our patients follow the CDC guidelines during their daily activities:
- Cover your mouth when you cough of sneeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Wash hands frequently for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Stay at home, except for essential activities such as medical appointments, groceries and pharmacy needs.
- Practice vigilant social distancing of 6’ distance whenever possible and avoid groups of 10+ people.
- More detailed guidelines for Virginia residents can be found on the Virginia Department of Health’s COVID-19 webpage: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/prevention-tips/
OSPTA is also offering remote visits through our EMR/Electronic Medical Records system during this time. Video chat can be done from anywhere, including the comfort of your own home, as long as you have access to a camera and microphone (i.e. computer or cell phone). If you need to update your HEP or desire advice on activities and exercises you can do from home to minimize pain and improve function, don’t hesitate to schedule and E-visit today.
Thank you for your support and cooperation!
OSPTA Management & Staff